Friday

19 June Montrose, Pennsylvania

My feet show up in a photo here, wearing rubber boots. I went out picking watercress along the side of a dirt road in Montrose, Pennsylvania, that my friend Richard later turned into soup for lunch. Maple syrup on breakfast pancakes made me think of my past few days in Canada, where I tasted some of the smoothest yogurt I've had in years (last time in France, certainly). We blended organic yogurt into the watercress soup this afternoon, swirled it around and ate homemade goat cheese with toasted bread. But the big deal of the day was dropping my camera out of my blue cardigan pocket (a snug pocket, I thought) while casually bending into a sun salutation after breakfast. The camera stopped working. Like a handicap, no camera means no flog. So for the next week or more, while it's in the repair shop, I'll be using my friends' cameras to snap photos of whatever we eat together--this means, of course, that I can't eat alone, or else the meal will go undocumented. Or perhaps I just won't eat. "Flog" will become "fasting log."




Posted by Picasa

No comments: